Are you looking for a way to install Kali Linux on your android device? You just came to the right page that will demonstrate the way how to install Kali Linux’s Nethunter version specially designed for Android. Most of the people having trouble installing Kali Nethunter. In order to resolve this issue, we have written this step by step guide on how to install Kali Nethunter on Android.
Note: Make sure to backup your device’s data before you start playing with anything. We’re not responsible for any damage that happen to your device.
How to Install Kali Nethunter on Android?
In order to install Kali Nethunter, you need the following required things to get started.
- NetHunter APK
- Rooted Device
Recommended: Download Kali Linux for Android
Steps to Follow
- There’s various NetHunter versions you can choose from for the installation. You can download Nethunter all versions from here.
- Download and install the BusyBox from the Google Playstore.
- Once the BusyBox is installed, run it and give it root permission if it prompts for permissions. Make sure to install BusyBox in system/xbin directory else it will keep popping up warnings.
- Open up the downloaded NetHunter app in your phone and grant it root/SuperSu access to it if prompts. Keep in mind that Kali Linux NetHunter won’t work on unrooted devices. Rooted device is required for it.
- As the NetHunter app is open, check out for the updates. Keep the app updated for all the latest tools and bug fixes. NetHunter app has a new store for all the required hacking tools and apps to install. Install any of the required app from it free of cost.
- The most important part is to install Kali Linux on Android phone and there’s two ways to do that.
Related: MetaSpoit Commands for Beginners
Congrats you have successfully installed Kali Linux NetHunter app on your Android device.
Alternate Method 2:
- Second one is to install by simply going to Kali NetHunter Chroot Manager. To do so, click on Chroot to install and choose download latest version.
- Now it will prompt up to choose either the minimal Chroot or Full Chroot. For the low specs devices, it’s good to choose minimal Chroot. If your device is a good featured one, then you can choose to go with Full Chroot.
- After choosing wait for the process to complete and will get installed automatically after download completes. Make sure the nethunter app is installed else you have to re-install chroot from the beginning.
- In the next step, it will ask for preferred version you want to go with. Choose Kali Linux NetHunter and click on Install & Update. This installation required a free space of about 64 GB. Make sure to have enough space before the installation.
- Once you hit the Install & Update button, it will start processing installation.
Related: MSFVenom MetaSpoit Tutorial
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the minimum specs required to run NetHunter?
At minimum of quad core processor with 2 GB of RAM is required. Recommended RAM is 4GB for better performance.
Can I update my OS version?
Updating to a newer version might prompt up some issues. It’s better to install the new Kali Linux NetHunter after an upgrade.